Thursday, January 20, 2022

Joyful Turn-To

Don't we just love a grab 'n go option! I keep a stash of on-the-go cups with lids. What a great turn-to as we go! The wise King Solomon wrote, "Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away from evil." (Proverbs 3:7). These particular words advise a healthy turn-away rather than a turn-to. There have been times in my life when I was quite tickled with myself just long enough for God to show me I wasn't quite as wise as I thought myself to be. Beware, how quickly and easily pride overtakes humility when we hold ourselves in higher esteem than our Holy God ... turn away from selfish pride. Set aside foolish arrogance and self-proclaimed wisdom, Solomon admonishes for these sweet results: "It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones." (V.8). Healing and refreshment - now, that's a grab 'n go, a joyful turn-to in which we all can delight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home