Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Righteous Route

As Mister Bill and I travel, he's the driver and I'm the navigator - a title I hold very loosely. Loosely, because at any given moment the driver changes the route! It's quite silly, more accurately foolish, man navigates his own way through life. King Solomon wrote, "The fear of The LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction." (Proverbs 1:7). As ancient as those words are, they remain eternally true. If it were up to me, I would direct The Mister and me along the more-traveled and familiar route - the one that has no need for GPS assistance. God says, "Because I have called, and you refused; I have stretched out My hand, and no man regarded; but you have set at nought all My counsel, and would none of My reproof; I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes." (V.24-26). Now, because we know He is Compassionate and Kind and Gracious, God certainly takes no pleasure in our self-inflicted troubles. The less-traveled and route-of-promise is there for our choosing: "If you will receive My words, and hide My commandments with you ... Incline your ear to Wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding ... Seek [Wisdom] as silver, and search [Wisdom] as hidden treasures ... Then you will understand the fear of The LORD, and find The Knowledge of God." (from Proverbs 2:1-5). What a treasure trove of instruction - ancient words that always lead us along the ... righteous route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home