Thursday, December 23, 2021

Magnify Jesus

Most of my life I've cared little whether I owned a magnifying glass; oh, how my life has changed. Not only do I now own one, it has a light on it - woot! "And Mary said, 'My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.'" (Luke 2:46). What do you magnify? Like me, perhaps it's the weather or the economy or the unpleasant circumstances of life. Magnify - to make big of, to make large, to increase in size, to make more intense or extreme. If anyone had cause to allow the external [circumstances] to overwhelm the internal [spirit], it was Mary. Albeit, she chose to magnify God in her moment of fear and uncertainty. Mary embraced her Lord and her Savior: her soul reverberates, "I have found Him Whom my soul loves." (Song of Solomon 3:4). The Ultimate Joy of Christmas is Jesus: Let our souls sing of Him - Let our spirits rejoice in Him - He is The Father's Gift ... Let all we are magnify Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home