Monday, January 10, 2022

Speak Light

Have you ever considered to what end or purpose you use your voice? There are certain voices that get my attention and I listen intently; others, however, make me use the "mute" button! Think about how God used His voice in creation: "And God said, 'Let there be light, and there was light.'" (Genesis 1:3). Powerful and effective was (and is) God's voice! Interestingly, God has given man a voice, and God listens. The psalmist wrote, "I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplication. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore will I call upon Him as long as I live." (Psalm 116:1-2). It's quite sad and troubling how we use our voices to complain and criticize bringing dishonor to The Father. Oh, how Believers need not just a lip-check but a heart-check: "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." (Psalm 19:14). Why not follow God's model: as He used His voice to speak light into the darkness, let us speak His Light into a darkened world. Yes, let's ... speak Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home