Monday, January 24, 2022

Sing in The Shadow

Morning coffee is a simple pleasure for me, not the go-go-juice it is for others. My Mom would sip on coffee (hot or cold) throughout the day ... not me. In the wilderness of Judah, David wrote: "O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You." (Psalm 63:1). It's unlikely many of us can fully relate to David's deep longing; perhaps that desperation for morning coffee comes close. Oh, that Believers possessed such desperation for The Creator. David writes about the promised reward: "my soul will be satisfied" (V.5). The soul's response to its satisfaction is, "in the Shadow of Your wings I will sing for joy" (V.7). Life's shadows are filled with suffering, uncertainty, sorrow, brokenness and rarely is there incentive to sing, especially for joy. Those who desperately seek The Lord, however, find true-deep-lasting Satisfaction and find a song in His Shadow. There, in His Shadow, is where we sing our best song - the song of joy. In the midst of life's shadows, why not gather yourself securely underneath God's Wings and ... sing in The Shadow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home