Thursday, May 5, 2022

Greatest Glory

It seems a bit crazy to me how we long-for even plan-for imaginative moments: serene, quiet, peaceful, thrilling, delightful, memorable moments. All too often if-and-when they happen, they're gone all-too-soon; then, we're planning for the next one. God said to Israel, "For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; for how can My name be profaned? And my glory I will not give to another." (Isaiah 48:11). In this chapter, over and over, God said "I declared" - He officially, explicitly, formerly made known! Any and all amount of planning of the long or short-term moments of our lives quite simply are not about us. The planned-for and anticipated glory and grandeur only expose our hearts: "What I really want is for the people, places, and things in my life to serve the glory of my comfort and satisfaction. Submitting my life to the holy name of God reminds me that I need to pray for something else - grace. Without rescuing grace, I will continue to live as a glory thief, and so will you." (New Morning Mercies, Paul David Tripp). Coming to the certain realization that this life is not about us but rather about Him - well, it is a show-stopper, a place of pause and point of surrender. So, what is it ... my glory, your glory or God's glory? What we do next speaks volumes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home