Thursday, August 25, 2022

Bring It On!

It's been said, "you are what you eat." In a physiological sense, I suppose this is true. In a spiritual sense, it is also true, what we "feed" on ... feeds us. The psalmist said, "Oh, how I love Your law! It is my meditation all the day." (Psalm 119:97). The Hebrew language has no punctuation marks yet almost all Scripture translations have added the exclamation to the psalmist's statement ... "Oh, how I love Your law!" When we have eaten enough, we push the plate away ... we're done! In contrast, when we feed on The Word of God, we only ... want more! "How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (V.103). We all know what a "sweet tooth" is ... that craving for sweets. Perhaps we should evaluate just how much we deeply long-for - really crave - God's Word. Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." (Matthew 5:6). His Word is both filling and ... spiritually sweet ... bring It on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home