Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Here and Now

It's fun to look back at times past, and even to look ahead often with great anticipation. So it is with the richness of The Gospel of Jesus Christ: the redemptive work of Christ completed, bringing forgiveness, salvation and reconciliation [of man] to God; and, the promised reward of eternity with Christ. All the work of Jesus is worthy of praise and honor, and that includes The Gospel's work in Believers' lives ... here and now. At times I've found myself discontented, discouraged, questioning, overwhelmed ... real spiritual valleys. We are foolish to think it's just a rough patch and it will soon pass. Truth is, God may have us where we are to discipline us: "for what son is there whom his father does not discipline?" (Hebrews 12:7). God's discipline may be pointing us to [in Paul David Tripp's words] "The Gospel present" and Its effectiveness in the here and now. "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live but Christ Who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in The Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." (Galatians 2:20). We rejoice with gratitude for what Christ has done for us and the promised reward of eternity with Him, but let us never forget The Gospel of Jesus Christ is presently at-work in those who die daily to themselves. Thank You, Jesus, for Your Gospel which is effectively working in me ... here and now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home