Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Hiding Place

Not exactly sure why but most guys enjoy a high-speed car chase. I had enough of that watching the Duke boys! In Genesis we read that Adam and Eve "heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day" (3:8). Mister Bill and I often hear the sound of our Grands playing in the field near our house; what an invitation for us. In contrast, Adam and Eve "hid and kept themselves hidden from the presence of the LORD God." This is what sin does: hinders fellowship with God. I suggest Believers are well aware of the interruption although we choose to blame it on everything except the true offender: sin. Consider with joy God's next move: "The LORD God called to Adam ... 'Where are you?'" (V.9). Note God did not turn-away in disappointment or disgust and give-up on the two-in-hiding although He knew fully what they had done as well as sin's deadly consequences. No, God pursued sinful man and later "made tunics of skins for Adam and his wife and clothed them" (V.21). What a beautiful picture of sin's ultimate covering - the shed blood of His Son, Jesus Christ. How foolish we are to participate in sin, embrace it then deny its ruinous effect on our relationship with God. We are created for fellowship with The Creator; truth is, those who obey Him are His treasured possession (Exodus 19:5). I'm so thankful God pursued me and continues to pursue me; may the only place I ever want to hide is in Him ... He IS my hiding place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home