Monday, February 13, 2023

Disciplined and Deliberate

There are things I have done quite deliberately that are best be described as just plain dumb. For example, the time in biology lab when I thoughtlessly inserted tweezers into an electrical outlet ... yeah, dumb. God gave Joshua some very specific walking-orders as Israel's new leader: "Be careful to do [everything] in accordance with the entire law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may prosper and be successful wherever you go." (Joshua 1:7, AMP). When I read that, it comes to my mind God intended no wiggle-room from His established way. How blessed Joshua was to have such a Godly model, leader and friend in Moses. I [too] am blessed with Godly women and men in whom I trust to speak truth into my life; oh, how I want to be the kind of model, leader and friend Moses was to Joshua. That happens only when we are disciplined and deliberate to The Truth we've been given in God's Word. If you're not faithfully and regularly pouring God's Word into your heart, you may be starving spiritually but also unable to be The Truth someone else in your life needs. God said, "this Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall read [and meditate on] it day and night, so that you may be careful to do [everything] in accordance with all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will be successful." (V.8, AMP). Be disciplined and deliberate about reading and living God's Truth ... someone else may be depending on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home