Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Pressin' - On People

When I put my car in reverse, the older-me hears "back-up" beeping in my head! God uses Paul to write forward-moving words: "I press on," he writes (Philippians 3:14). I grew up traveling country dirt roads that got really muddy when it rained; I recall being stuck and moving forward didn't happen. There are times when I find myself spiritually stuck. God says "press on ... toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." How important it is Believers live in the present power of Christ in the present - where they are planted. A constant looking-back and an ever looking-forward can paralyze us in the present. Paul warns us that such earthly-thinking can be destructive to our testimony and to the cross of Christ (V.18). One of my favorite verses as well as a beautiful reminder, "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." (V.20). Dad would often encourage me to remain heavenly-minded so that I could be of earthly-good. Eventually, the car [stuck in the mud] would be free and we were once again on our way. Let us be pressing-on people knowing there's a promised prize that is truly out of this world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home