Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Good Portion

One of the things that attracted Mister Bill and I [almost 50 years ago] to our favorite beach was there was nothing to do there except enjoy the white sand and calm waters. We know, of course, not everyone enjoys the nothing-to-do of the Island but I guess we just love ... doing nothing! David wrote, "One thing I have asked of the LORD, and that I will seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD [in His Presence] all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty [the delightful loveliness and majestic grandeur of the LORD and to meditate in His temple." (Psalm 27:4, AMP). I suggest we habitually find it difficult to slow ourselves and sit quietly; it seems most of the time instead we lean toward busy and noisy. I find it particularly interesting [in this verse] that  David first "asked of the LORD" - he probably needed help with slow-down-sit-quietly, too. The scenic description of looking upon God's beauty, loveliness and majesty should inspire every Believer to find still moments so God can reveal Himself: "be still and know that I am GOD" (Psalm 46:10). The grandeur of time spent in The Lord's Presence can never be described as doing nothing; when Mary chose to sit at His feet, Jesus said she had chosen the "good portion, which will not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:42). I like that - I need that - I choose that ... the good portion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home