Sunday, August 6, 2023

Steady-Step

Why is it some things we are just slow-to-learn? For example, scheduling so many things in one day we come close to malfunctioning? A Puritan prayer begins, "Help me, I am so slow to learn ... I am blind while light shines around me." It seems we are more content with stumbling and falling than having a steady-step and remaining upright! We just never learn it seems what freedom, peace, joy and contentment comes with God's Way of living. Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30). One thing for which every Believer should be grateful is how patient God is with us: "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." (2 Peter 3:9). No matter how many times I lose my way, stumble and fall, God is kind and gracious and eager to once again tend to my hurt and sorrow then lead me back to His Way. The prayer concludes, "Ride forth in me, Thou King of kings and Lord of lords, that I may live victoriously, and in victory attain my end." Don't be a spiritual slow-learner - learn of Christ and be one of a ... steady-step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home