Thursday, September 7, 2023

Stay Cool

"Cool as a cucumber" - not sure where that expression originated but it describes someone who holds-up well under pressure - baseball pitchers, football quarterbacks - oh, let's not forget ... mothers! As David fled for his life from his son, Absalom [who wanted the throne], he wrote these words: "O LORD, how my enemies have increased! Many are rising up against me. Many are saying of me, 'There is no help [no salvation] for me in God.'" (Psalm 3:1-2, AMP). I wonder how many times someone has watched me under pressure, seen fear and dismay instead of trust in God ... cool as a cucumber. Like me, you know how circumstances and relationships can push us to wringing our hands in anxiety, wondering where God is in the mix! David goes on, "But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and The One Who lifts my head. With my voice I was crying to the LORD, and He answered me from His holy mountain. I lay down and slept [safely]; I awakened, for the LORD sustains me." (V.3-5, AMP). Now, who [of all things] can lie down and sleep when the pressures of life are on? I tell who can - the person who knows God as his Shield and his Lifter because God is The One Who listens, hears and delivers. Trust The Father ... stay cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home