Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Christ Is Everything

As a teenager, we used to sing a song titled "He's Everything to Me." Admittedly, it had a catchy tune and was [in those days] considered upbeat and contemporary. I fear, however, the words were a bit lost on me - I didn't comprehend the depth of their meaning. Paul wrote, "to live is Christ and to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). That was God's way of telling us that indeed Christ IS everything - all we need in life and all we need in death. When Jesus said in Matthew 28, "lo I am with you always," He really did mean ... always! There's nothing in any day of all our lives when He is absent, gone, not there. Throughout 2022 I watched my Dad sit quietly as he stared out the window. I knew he was deep in thought, contemplating both his 89 years and his final days on earth. Some of the final words I heard Dad speak were, "well, I guess it's time." In light of Philippians 1:20 - "Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or by death" - my sweet Dad knew Christ was all - always there every breath of the way ... Christ is everything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home