Monday, September 9, 2024

Rest Well

The older-me knows that sleep doesn't always come as quickly and sweetly as it once did. Thank goodness my Nanny taught me the value of a good afternoon nap! The psalmist writes in Chapter 4 some wonderful reasons to "both lie down and sleep" soundly: (V1) "You have freed me when I was hemmed in and relieved me when I was in distress" ... (V3) "The LORD has set apart for Himself the godly man" - "The LORD hears and responds when I call to Him" ... (V7) "You have put joy in my heart" ... (V8) "You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety and confident trust." We know from 1 Samuel that David is identified as a man after God's own heart. To have such a heart - a heart after God - should be blessedness of every Believer - rest for the soul day-after-day and night-after-night. Thank You, Lord, for seeing to it always that we ... rest well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home