Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Sweet Conversation

The concept of re-purposing items isn't a new one: my grandmother took her empty snuff cans and used them as spit cups! David wrote, O LORD, "You have tried my heart; You have visited me by night; You have tested me and You find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress." (Psalm 17:2-3, NASB). David acknowledged that God knew his heart yet David humbly asks for God's strength as he determined to live a pure life. The seasonal time of pruning bushes is upon us - so is it ever-timely that we allow God to prune our hearts, purifying our conversations. "How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" (Psalm 119:103, ESV). The spiritually effective words of God should transform our daily conversations into a wealth of The Father's sweetness to others: "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body." (Proverbs 16:24, ESV). I'm not suggesting we give up talking about the weather or family or sports or [even] politics - just re-purpose those conversations for opportunities to exalt the Name of Jesus and glorify The Father! Like Jeremiah, let our words be counted among those that become "a joy and the delight" of our hearts (Jeremiah 15:16) ... yes, sweet conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home