Sunday, September 22, 2024

No Obliviousness

Are you prone to obliviousness? Oblivious - lack of conscious awareness, an unmindful-ness. Our bodies do things we are often unmindful of: for example, when was the last time you had to remind yourself to breathe! Something within us reminds us when we're hungry or thirsty so we seek-out food and water; Psalm 42 says, "As the deer pants [longingly] for the water brooks, so my soul pants [longingly] for You, O God. My soul (my life, my inner self) thirsts for God, for the living God. When will I come and see the face of God?" (Psalm 42:1-2, AMP). I deeply doubt the person who says, "I don't need God ... I can live without worship ... I do just fine all by myself." Scripture speaks this great truth: God has planted eternity in the heart of each person (Ecclesiastes 3:11) - a sense of divine purpose, a mysterious longing which nothing under the sun can satisfy, except God. Because every person is made in the "image of God," we have this inborn desire for Him. Oh sure, we can plod right along in our obliviousness - and we do - but why? Why would we choose to do that when the LORD commands His lovingkindness toward us in the daytime and His song is with us in the night (Psalm 42:8). He loves and cares for us that much! God is zealous for us to long for Him, to pant-after and thirst for Him just so He can satisfy us with His Goodness. Give up your obliviousness - consciously and mindfully pursue The Lord with your soul!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home