His Name
Perhaps like me, you think of some families whose names bring great fondness - good reputations, integrity, kindness. On the other hand, other names ... well, not so much! The psalmist writes, "I will make Your Name to be remembered in all generations; therefore the peoples will praise and give You thanks forever and ever." (Psalm 45:17 AMP). Throughout Scripture, God speaks of His great name. While we are born-into our family's name and we choose the names of our children, no one named God! He introduced and identified Himself to His chosen people. While tending sheep, God revealed His Name to Moses: "I AM WHO I AM" (Exodus 3:14 ESV). In other words, God is exactly who He is ... He can't be anything nor anyone else. He is every bit as holy and righteous now as He has always been [from eternity past] and will always be [into eternity future]. He can be no other way! His Name represents every good and perfect attribute, characteristic of who He is. As Jesus prayed Himself and taught us to pray, He said address God this way: "Father, hallowed be Your Name" (Luke 11:2 (ESV). We live in a world when God's Name is abused, disrespected, dishonored and watered-down, however, His nature remains what it is - righteous and holy. He says, "I am the Lord; that is My Name; My glory I give to no other." (Isaiah 42:8). How easily we forget the privilege that is ours to sing-of and pray-to I AM, The One of unchanging and holy nature. Yes, what a privilege and joy! May it be my reputation, your reputation - from generation to generation, we ... make His Name known!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home