Yes, I Will!
Something I've heard said from those who reach a certain age or season in life is this: "if I don't want to do it, I just don't it." This older-me has had the same sort of thoughts and [maybe on occasion] even acted accordingly. Now, I don't presume nor pretend to be a Bible scholar but I can't find any Scriptural foundation for that attitude! However, the very opposite seems to be what pleases God; David wrote, "I will give thanks and praise the LORD ... I will tell aloud all Your wonders and marvelous deeds ... I will rejoice and exult in You ... I will sing praise to Your Name." (Psalm 9:1-2 AMP). It is evident from David's words that he is determined to do these things, disciplined and determined even though he may not feel like it! Like David, the times of our lives are not always pleasant or easy; at every age and in every season, trouble is present. In those times, we usually prefer to grumble and complain and even question God. Only a few verses later, David writes: "The LORD also will be a refuge and a stronghold for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your Name [who have experienced Your precious mercy] will put their confident trust in You. For You, O LORD, have not abandoned those who seek You." (Psalm 9:9-10 AMP). When we don't-want-to is exactly the time to do what is pleasing to God! The memory of God's eternal goodness and faithful presence is good exercise and is enough to overcome the I-don't-want-to-do-it attitude. With David's determination, let us seek The LORD and say ... yes, I will!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home