Friday, August 27, 2010

Act Like It!

Do you remember as a child receiving notes like these: "Do you like me?  Check yes or no."  or "Are you mad at me?  Mark yes or no." or "Will you be my friend? Yes or no." How simple and directly to the point!

The Christian's walk is just as simple.  Consider 1 John 3:10-11: "This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother. This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another."  How much more simple can it be: God's Children (those who bear His name) very simply ... act like it!  We don't say unkind things to and about others; we do not participate in unholy conversations or activities; we do not watch or listen to things that usher impurities into our minds and hearts; we do not practice dishonesty nor do we lack integrity; we also do not neglect praying to The Father nor put aside reading His Word.  For others to know who our Father is, we are serious about our Christian testimonies; our behavior is different than the world's.  Do I love God? Does my testimony mirror Christ?  If the answer is "yes," act like it!

Dear Lord,
Thank You for the rich wisdom of this passage, and for it's simple reminder of how You want me to bear your image in everything that I do.  Help me to love not only in word, but in deed ... make my actions point others to You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home