Thursday, November 11, 2010

"God's Instruction Manual" by June Gunden

Suppose for a moment that through a wealthy benefactor you inherit a private airplane. Not knowing how to fly, but knowing it can be done, you climb into the cockpit and begin to push buttons, determined to lift off. How ridiculous, you say. I’d crash the plane and probably kill myself. The people who made that airplane have provided instructions about how to fly it. I would certainly take some lessons from them. Yet it is difficult for us to admit that we need “living” instructions from the One who created us. He knows how life has been designed to work. May God help us to study his “instruction manual” every day, to believe its message, and to treasure its wisdom. With the psalmist, may we cry: “Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.” (Psalm 119:97).

Dear Lord,
Thank You for revealing Yourself in the Word.  Draw me continually to Its wisdom and make me to obey Your precepts.  In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home