Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Hurting But Healing" by Hannah Whital Smith

The story of Job is enacted over and over. The righteous suffer, and we do not know why. Mysterious providences darken and attempt to ruin the lives of those who have seemed too good to need such discipline, Even to ourselves come afflictions that we cannot understand, and Satan seems so busy in the matter that it is hard to trace the hand of the Lord in it al all. But his hand is in it nevertheless, and he overrules everything. No trial comes except by his persmission and for some wise and loving purpose which perhaps only eternity will disclose.  Our loving and wise Physician has discovered in us some incipient disease that he knows will ruin us if it remains unchecked, and he is applying the remedy.  Would we stay his hand even if we could? Surely not. For more than anything else, we want sound health; and any rememdy that will bring it to us is more than welcome.

“But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.” Job 23:10-12

Miles of Smiles, Beverly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home