Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greatest Friend - Part 1

People love their pets!  Although we are pet-less right now, we’ve had our share of dogs that have wallowed out flower beds, barked all night, and turned over trash cans!  Come to think of it, I’m not really missing a pet right now.

Man’s very best friend is mighty piddly compared The Greatest Friend.  Our last dog was accustomed to being chased off the porch, yelled at to stop barking, and often ignored in the hurry of our lives but he always greeted us with wagging tail and doggy-smile!  Our pets may see our less-than-best behavior but sometimes it happens to be those we love so dearly.  The beginning of Gordon Kuryluk’s song, “Teach Me to Love,” stings of reality: “I hurt the ones I love the most or so it seems to be. I say the harshest words to those who mean the world to me.”  How wonderful to know our Greatest Friend sees not only our worst behavior but the deepest and darkest of our hearts YET He loves us still.  The Father says “I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3)  Almighty God sees the worst of us and loves us mostBy the ultimate sacrifice, He offers complete forgiveness and full acceptance.  He is the Greatest Friend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home