Thursday, May 12, 2011

Life

Some things are what they are or as Mr. Bill puts it, “it is what it is.”  Don’t bother trying to figure it out or change it, just see what it is and adjust accordingly.  In other words, end of story -- it is what it is.

 

Life is God’s business!  He formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed holy life into him then placed him in a perfect place.  Well, we know that didn’t turn out so well but life did not end there.  The Creator didn’t just hang man out to dry: He made a way through Christ to sustain us so we could share eternity with Him.  Between the first and the last breaths, there’s  joy & sorrow, pain & pleasure, hope & despair, sickness & health.  So much between yet it’s all His business.  We say reluctant goodbyes to lives well-lived and we exuberant hellos to lives yet-to-be.  Some describe this as the cycle of life, but it’s so much more than a cycle.  The gift of life God wrapped in human form (His very image) has divine design with potential for holiness and righteousness from beginning to end.  Job spoke of the faithful life, “But He knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot has held fast to His path; I have kept His way and not turned aside. I have not departed from the command of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.” (23:10-12)  God gives life and God takes life and God cares deeply what happens in between; He gives, takes, and sustains.  My friend, this is Truth: the world may question it, debate it, even turn away from it but nonetheless … it is what it is!  I will assume you are breathing right now  -- do not waste another breath.  Make every breath count for Christ. Know Him and nothing more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home