Friday, June 17, 2011

Good Housekeeping

Weekends were housekeeping times at home.  One of my Saturday chores was mopping, and I took that mop for many a spin to Soul Train.  I don't know how clean I got the floor, but we were certainly quite a dancing duo.  The following "borrowed blessing" describes the housekeeping that really matters.  Find time this weekend to do some housekeeping of your own ... housekeeping of the heart.

Lord, it is not the dirt and clutter in plain sight that nag at me.
It's the hidden dirt ... you know, behind the refrigerator, in the closets, under the bed. 
Dirt that no one sees or knows about but me. 
It's the same way with my life, God. 
It's those hidden sins that I can't keep up with ... 
Those petty little grievances, the grudges, the resentments, 
The unspoken harsh feelings, the superior attitudes. 
Thoughts and feelings that no one else knows about but me ... and You, God. 
Help me Father, to clean my heart as I would my home. 
Take away all dust and cobwebs of pride, ill feelings, and prejudice. 
The dirt behind my refrigerator will never hurt anyone. 
The dirt in my heart will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home