Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Change Someone's Day

Peanut butter isn't the only thing that spreads easily -- joy also is easily spread!  I recall a birthday several years ago when my heart was so heavy at daybreak I didn't feel I could drag it out of bed.  But the sun came up, birds began to sing, and friends did what friends do:  phone calls, cards, hugs, visits, gifts, smiles, e-cards, e-mails.  Before long I couldn't remember why my heart was so heavy.

The Children of Israel used perfume and incense to worship God.  The aroma was so pleasing to the Father that He gave specific instructions on its use during worship.  Proverbs 27:9 says, "Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart ..."  I just can't think of anything more pleasing to my heart and spirit than the ministries of friends.  The fragrance of loving friends changes everything.  God has given me many and they bless me in many ways; He expects me in turn to befriend and bless others. Are you using your gifts in ministry to bring joy to others?  If not, think back to when you opened your mailbox to find a note of encouragement & joy, or when someone called when your heart needed a sound of love & care.  Those otherwise small touches minister in big ways.  God uses people just like you and me to change the hearts and spirits of others.  Make your moments count for Him and for eternity.  Change someone's day .. today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home