Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feel the Peel

Onions!  I love the flavor but rarely like the crunch!  If my Dennis sees an onion in something (trust me, he’s looking), he won’t touch it.  This Mama always opts for onion powder – all the flavor with no crunch OR [painful] odor!

How does God bring holiness into our lives?  Holiness usually involves some degree of difficulty!  But who wants that!  Apparently, the psalmist understood this, “You have dealt well with your servant, O LORD, according to Your Word. Teach me good judgment and knowledge, for I believe in Your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your Word.” (119:65-67)  We’ve all peeled an onion and felt the sting of its potent aroma bringing tears!  Some of the sweetest moments have come to my life in times of tremendous sorrow.  Much like peeling an onion, God stripped away layers of dependency on temporal things that only hindered my relationship with Him.  That’s when I really understood God is much more interested in my holiness than my happiness!  An incredible [and totally unexpected] thing happened: God then began to graciously redress me with a renewed mind, deeper commitment, and greater joy in service to Him.  If you’re in a hard place right now, don’t despair.  God never wastes an opportunity – not one – to grow you in His amazing grace.  This present struggle can be a great gift.  Embrace the opportunity and feel the peel to His Perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home