Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Genuine Delight

There’s a wonderful dessert called "Chocolate Delight."  I’ve made it only a couple of times but whenever it’s on the dessert table, it’s my first choice.  I know I certainly don’t need it but I’m sure someday someone will make one just for me! J

What delights you?  Family and friends?  Money in the bank?  Shopping?  We all get pretty giddy about material things (aka stuff)!  How does Almighty God delight you?  In reality, He defines Delight and Believers should look no further.  The psalmist wrote, "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." (Psalm 37:4)  Have you ever wished for something intensely and got it only to find out it’s not-so-great?  When we commit ourselves wholly and unreservedly to God, an amazing thing happens – He changes what delights us and even what our hearts long for!  God is Master of all delights; His promise to grant the desires of our heart is just ... delightful!  Trusting and living in the LORD is nothing short of genuine delight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home