Friday, March 2, 2012

No Indifference

As far as I know, there are very few things I’m indifferent about; yes, like most people, I have an opinion.  Opinions, however, have been described “like armpits -- we all have them and they usually stink.”  And, “yawning may be rude but at least it’s an honest opinion.”  I guess if we’re bound to share opinions, on some things, it may be best just not have an opinion at all!

Spurgeon wrote, “anything is better than the dead calm of indifference.”  I pondered some of my opinions and was forced to consider my indifference to important matters of the heart and soul.  We read in Song of Solomon 4:16, “Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; Blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, And eat his precious fruits.”  Beautifully, the writer describes the righteous-chosen (The Church) pleading with Christ (Her Beloved) for a movement of His Spirit among them. This isn’t the voice of indifference!  Oh, that His Grace be poured out upon His Church today us and drive away our lack of concern for that neighbor-coworker-friend who does not know the LORD, the lack of interest in developing and sustaining a vibrant prayer life, laziness in opening His Word, and unresponsiveness to the power of The Gospel to change us!  His Spirit longs to blow upon and through the garden of His Church stirring Its fragrance, impacting the world unto His Harvest of souls.  You see, indifference is not a Christian characteristic!  We may be given to opinions on matters of the moment but with regard to Christ, boldly and faithfully, refuse to be indifferent!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home