Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Say Something!

Yawning is an interesting bodily function.  It’s been linked to sleeplessness, tiredness, stress, and [often] boredom.  On occasion, I’ve found myself in a place where it seemed impolite to yawn.  Now, that’s a tough one – suppressing a yawn!

The purpose of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever!  Please don’t tell me that spawns a yawn in you!  Recently, I was introduced to Scripture verses set to beautiful lullaby music.  I was so blessed I could hardly wait to share the “find” with others.  Believers should have this same intense excitement to share Christ with people.  Paul wrote to young Timothy, “Preach the Word; be ready in season and out of season.” (2 Timothy 4:2a)  Paul knew [and furthermore explained] that “the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.” (V.3-4)  Sounds like the morning news, huh?  I fear Believers today find themselves yawning and spiritually speechless!   This is not the time for speechlessness – not the season for being without words!  As my pastor says, “Somebody ought to say something!”  The Psalmist couldn’t seem to keep silent: “I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” (34:1)  King David prayed he would never be speechless, “May my lips overflow with praise …” (119:171)  The Redeemed certainly have nothing to yawn about but EVERYTHING to proclaim.  May we never be speechless but to the glory and honor of The King … Say Something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home