Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Other-World Thinking

We’ve all heard of those having "nerves of steel."  Yes, a steady hand is a good thing  if you're a surgeon, and I’m especially grateful when my dentist isn't having a particularly nerve-shattering day!

Believers should be known as having nerves of steel. Of course, we know it's not veins of ice water that causes calm in the middle of chaos. No, I say it is ... other-world-thinking.  Paul writes, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet  that I shall choose I cannot tell. For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better." (Philippians 1:21-24)  While we don't like to think of dying, for those born-again it's win-win! Living here is Christ and living beyond is  … more Christ -- an eternity with Him. Is life in our real home – the other world! Christians should understand best how to face tragedy with hope and victory!  We practice other-world-thinking!  It’s the Believer’s challenge to think and live accordingly.  A thinking pattern like that encourages perseverance in the Grace of The Father and gives us what others would refer to as “nerves of steel.”  No steel, just Christ!  In and by Him, we live on and on and on and on and on ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home