Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Healer

Shortly after Mr. Bill & I married, I decided I should be his hunting buddy.  One afternoon Mr. Bill, his beagle (named “Beagle”), and I took the shotgun to target practice.  I don’t recall knowing beforehand the “targets” would be birds but when the first one fell, I was crushed!  No, I am not Mr. Bill’s hunting buddy.

The world is full of wounded people struggling with life.  Many of the wounded are our neighbors, coworkers, friends, family, and children.  How often we pass them by with little concern or acknowledgement that we know The One Who IS salvation from the struggle and IS healing to the wounds.  Malachi described Christ as the “sun of righteousness … with healing in His wings,” (4:2) then Isaiah tells us His Salvation will cause “the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.” (35:6).  Matchless and measureless grace for those in need!  My recommendation for the wounded blackbird involved a trip to the vet – that didn’t “fly” (no pun intended).  Will you tell someone of The Healer today?  The Great Physician knows each wounded one and longs to bring healing. Will we tell someone of The Healer today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home