Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Bitter or Better

It’s an interesting observation, and I know when it’s happened.  That is, when the guys know they’ve crossed the proverbial “line” with Mama.  The snickering, mumbling, and tip-toeing starts.  Oh, yeah, they think it’s funny and big-fun!

Oswald Chambers refers to times when we “sulk” with God.  Such a notion seems ridiculous but maybe … not so ridiculous.  Think about when we step out-of-line (disobey) and the consequences of our sinful choices serve us muck.  Oh, we’re quick to blame the devil and ask God for deliverance yet we’re totally oblivious to what caused the mess!  God’s Word says, “And have you [completely] forgotten the divine word of appeal and encouragement in which you are reasoned with and addressed as sons?  My son, do not think lightly or scorn to submit to the correction and discipline of the Lord, nor lose courage and give up and faint when you are reproved or corrected by Him.” (Hebrews 12:5, Amplified Bible).  Mr. Bill calls this being handed “just enough rope to hang yourself,” but God calls it sanctification.  His rebuke and reproof are calls attention to the sin-root in our lives, not to humiliate but to humble us but to make us holy. Chambers writes, “Sanctification is not my idea of what I want God to do for me; sanctification is God’s idea of what He wants to do for me.” Although it’s big-fun to act it, I’ve learned not to pout with the guys; I love them and I know they love me!  That’s how it is with The Father Who loves His children and sees His way to accomplish only what benefits them and deepens His relationship with them. God’s correction in our lives will make us bitter or better – the choice is ours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home