Thursday, August 2, 2012

Plain Path

Everybody loves vanilla ice cream.  Why, it's the foundation of all ice creams.  When you can choose from strawberry cheesecake, rocky road, cotton candy, mint chocolate chip, however, who wants vanilla!

The way is not always so simple, not always so clear, seldom so easy for the Believer who seriously wants to follow Christ.  There are so many distractions, so many lies to cloud The Truth.  Maybe the toughest thing about ice cream shops is choosing a flavor.  Satan tempts us with many things in many ways, convincing us any choice is acceptable.  And, how easily we fall into his trap of spiritual compromise. That’s why it’s so important we read-to-know God’s Word and pray-to-ask Him for wisdom to righteousness.  The prayer is as simple as vanilla ice cream: "Teach me Thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path." (Psalm 27:2)  God is Perfect and Holy, able to guide and lead us into the way unto life and not destruction.  It’s a journey of faith – one step at a time – always on the plain path.

Lead, kindly Light, amid the encircling gloom, Lead Thou me on;
The night is dark, and I am far from home, Lead Thou me on.
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene; one step enough for me.
-- J. H. Newman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home