Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A New Look

Pedicures used to be what other women did, that is, until a friend gave me a gift certificate for one.  That was it – I was hooked!  Now, gettin’ new toes is what I do … often.

God allows many things into my life to give it … color.  Now, those things aren’t always to my likin’ but it’s His Way to His Purpose.  E. B. Pusey wrote, "Every contradiction of our will, every little ailment, every petty disappointment, will, if we take it patiently, become a blessing."  Do you know how hard it is to see good in the yuck of life?  What I call the “yuck of life,” Pusey calls "contradiction of will.”  Okay!  If only we could see beyond the contradictions:  "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18)  I’d much rather see it revealed TO me instead of IN me!  Christ wants to display His Glory through us --  His Peace gloriously revealed in how we respond to the smattering of disturbances in our lives.  Pusey continues, "So, walking on earth, we may be in heaven; the ill-tempers of others, the slights and rudenesses of the world, ill-health, the daily accidents with which God has mercifully strewed our paths, instead of ruffling or disturbing our peace, may cause His peace to be shed abroad in our hearts abundantly."  The challenge is, then, to see and live life differently – living that Glorifies The Father through us ... life with new meaning & a new look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home