Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Get Put-Out

It’s a Southernism, I suppose.  Being “put out” – I’ve heard it all my life; even heard my Nanny add a word – “plumb put out.”  Now, that meant somebody had REALLY crossed the line in her book!

Jesus gave some advice to those who dare to seriously and boldly live and speak His Truth: “I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. They will put you out of the synagogues.  Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me.” (John 16:1-3)  How’s that for being put-out!  Believers may not experience this in the literal sense but when Truth (thus saith the LORD) is spoken, expect heads to turn away, ears to shut, voices to protest.  The Light of God’s Truth exposes evil and darkness!  No wonder Jesus prayed for the righteous, “I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given me; for they are Thine. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.” (John 17:9-10)  Of course, the Savior knew those who genuinely love Him would be put-out, and life would be difficult for them.  To be [spiritually] put-out [because of Christ] results in honor and glory to The Father.  “Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” (John 15:8)  If you stayed around my Nanny for any length of time, you’d hear the Truth and YOU would be the one “plumb put-out.”  Be bold, Believer!  The Truth – know It, live It, speak It – get put-out for Christ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home