Monday, May 20, 2013

AC Living

Honestly, I remember very little before Mr. Bill. I met him the summer before 7th grade. That, of course, was a long time before our first official date at my Sweet 16. The good times of life with Mr. Bill outweigh the aggravation, irritation, and insanity … well, yeah, mostly J.

How’s your AC Living – After-Christ? Some people have incredible testimonies of drastic about-face living while others [like myself] can merely relate to the new heart brought about by grace-through-faith. I was only 5 years old when Christ called my name yet I recall vividly the moment and the new creature joy. New life in Christ results in new ways: “”For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness, and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world.” (Titus 2:11-12). God’s salvation [by grace] is a gift and independent of works, but our works reveal the depth and beauty of God’s work in us. Overnight changes in the beach are noteworthy; I have no first-hand knowledge of all that happens between sundown and sunup, but deposits of shells and seaweed, and differences in the shoreline assure me much was at-work while I slept. In the same way, the born-again should not just BE different (which we are by His grace) but LOOK different (displaying His grace). We are saved to the glorious freedom to “walk in the same way in which He walked.” (1 John 2:6). Hallelujah! Let us consider and rejoice in the marked (noticeable) evidences of AC Living which is ours by God’s amazing grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home