Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bear Fruit

If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be? I think I'd be a grape, 'cause they're always in bunches. Grapes probably never get lonely, and they don't have to fret about being skinned, peeled, cut, or cooked! Yes, I know I'd be a grape!

Do you know God loves fruit? He doesn't specifically mention grapes, but He's serious about fruitful living. Jesus says in John 15 there will be fruit present in the life of the Believer who obeys His commands: "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without Me ye can do nothing." (V.5) I have three crepe myrtles that don't bloom very much, and the problem is simple -- they thrive in the shade of a tall tree where they receive insufficient sunlight. Such is the life of Believers who suffer from too little exposure to The Son -- Jesus Christ. It’s very sad that many Bibles lay unopened and dusty, belonging to Believers who are too busy; the result is a life void of fruitful living. Can you imagine no fruit in the grocery stores! Well, consider the life verbally committed to Christ yet no evidence of Him in the walk and the talk. Christ commands, "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained [appointed] you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain [abide]. (John 15:16) Okay, we aren't called to be grapes, but definitely called to fruitful living! Bear fruit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home