Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Never Alone

One evening last week, I was all alone at home. It was pretty cool! I wasn’t responsible for making dinner for anyone, I could play my music as loud as I wanted, and I had sole command of the television remote! Yee-haw!

Christian heroes are those who have boldly passed to us the torch of faith. Often, they're the ones who stood with us in the hard places keeping discouragement at bay. As great as those times are and as deeply as we love mentors of our faith, a time comes when we move forward on our own.  In Paul’s second letter to Timothy, he wrote of those who left him but “But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me.” (4:17). It’s God alone we stand before and in Him alone we are made strong. Oswald Chambers wrote, “A servant of God must stand so much alone that he never knows he is alone.” What an amazing thought that [by grace] we stand seemingly alone yet never alone! Genuine faithfulness to Christ is often a very lonely place, but alone never describes the Christian who remains true to God's Truth. The great songwriter, Mosie Lister, said it like this:

Hold my hand all the way, every hour, every day -- From here to the great unknown
Take my hand, let me stand -- Where no one stands alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home