Monday, April 22, 2013

Tangle-Free

Have you ever gotten hung on a barbed wire fence? Let me tell you how absolutely NOT-FUN that is! File this away just in case it ever happens to you -- don't get in a hurry. The more you struggle, the more tangled you become. I watched Nanny try to untangle from barbed wire once ... while laughing, and I didn't think she would ever get loose!

Pure words don’t necessarily reflect a pure heart. I realize there are times when my lips do not portray righteousness, and God knows it! Late night entertainers are famous for off-color humor aimed particularly at a late-night audience. One such entertainer actually wrote a children's book, which seems very odd to me. The psalmist wrote, " . . . with flattering lips and a double heart they speak." (Psalm 12:2) The Hebrew word for heart refers to the "center" of one's being. A “double heart” -- two centers – how can that be? Is there no shame in how we build up and tear down with the same lips, and sometimes in the same breath! “From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.” (James 3:10). Believer, beware of entanglements! I encourage you to begin each day with earnest prayer that “the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord." (Psalm 19:14) Trust Him to live … tangle-free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home