Tuesday, April 16, 2013

No Fear

Have I mentioned Miss Ella lately? Well, in case I haven’t, let me tell you something of my precious granddaughter – she loves animals. Her young life is full of plush animal toys, animal figures, colorful books about animals, visits to local farms, and even live animals at home. One of the first things she learned was animal sounds, and is not timid when asked to make the sound of a cow, a horse, a chicken, etc. Should I mention how totally amazing Miss Ella is!

Have you considered lately how incredible is our God! Well, in case you haven’t, let me tell you something about my God – He has empowered us with great courage. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7). Surprisingly, Miss Ella has shown no fear toward real animals -- her enthusiasm toward them is delightful! Imagine if Christians faced life with the same boldness and enthusiasm, understanding and embracing the power given to us by The Creator. Would we face the day’s challenges differently? Would fear not be a contributing factor to decisions and choices before us? Rachel Scott, victim of the Columbine shooting, looked death in the face and feared not! She lost her life when she confessed God but she embraced the power of His Spirit at that moment. Through the Prophet Isaiah, God said, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10). Life is full of otherwise fearful times but let us not be ruled by fear rather by grace, allow God’s Spirit to govern. Face life with … no fear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home