Thursday, March 28, 2013

Real Math

Math was my worst subject in school. Give me paper and pencil, and I just want to put words together – not numbers! I am grateful, however, for those who do-the-math!

In Jesus’ final days, there was that moment in the Garden when He surrendered fully to The Father’s will, “…not my will, but yours, be done.” (Luke 22:42). I have found my most healthy condition is to be always empty of myself, however, I don’t find myself in that “healthy condition” often! When I am full-of-me, my selfish will prevents God from doing what He wills in and through me. At that point, there’s a real need for math in my life: “He must increase, but I must decrease.” (John 3:30) It’s simple addition by subtraction – less of me, more of Him. What better, more perfect example do we have than Jesus’ own words to His Father, “not my will, but yours, be done”! I’m no mathematician, not even on my best day, but by His grace I can do-the-math – the REAL math that leads to a Spirit-filled life and obedient. Go ahead, do-the-REAL-math!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home