Friday, March 22, 2013

Remain

Sick – Sick – Sick! I will never forget my sickest sick! It was on a fishing boat in the Gulf of Mexico in 1976. Mr. Bill had taken me deep sea fishing one day of our honeymoon; yea, I know -- what a guy! We went back a few months later with friends on a much smaller boat on much rougher waters. I made many bargains with God on that boat if only He would just put my feet back on ground that did not move!

Do you recall what Jesus did when he heard his friend, Lazarus, was sick? He didn't catch the first donkey out of town; no, he remained where he was for two days. I've often wondered about His decision to "remain," but as usual Jesus made a point of divine importance: "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby." (John 11:4) I know of nothing that brings on whines and pouts quicker than a change in circumstances. What poverty we imagine in lost songs of joy, gloom and despair. What victory we forfeit, what praise we sacrifice when we shift our focus from The Christ. A steady focus on the horizon was all that brought me relief while on that fishing boat. When we remain focused on Christ, the result is always His glory. What a blessed place to be -- what a glorious place to remain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home