Monday, March 18, 2013

His Words

Healthy eating requires some planning. You can’t just get up one morning and decide to eat healthier things if there’s no “healthier things” in your refrigerator!

The righteous never go hungry! I’m not just talking about God’s provision of physical needs but His spiritual supply. God said to Moses, “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.” (Deuteronomy 18:18) Jeremiah said, “Your words were found, and I ate them …” (15:16). In a vision, God said to Ezekiel: “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel. So I opened my mouth, and He gave me this scroll to eat … Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey.’ (Ezekiel 3:1-3). You see, what food is to the body, God’s words would be for Ezekiel’s ministry. This is a delightful picture of God’s promise to give us words to speak for Him to others. Fear of what-to-say or being at a loss-of-words keeps us too quiet, too often. It’s important to model Christ in behavior but sometimes we need words! Healthier foods in the house are good for healthier eating – so is trusting God to give us words when we obediently share our faith. Don’t fear speaking to others about God – use His words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home