Thursday, March 14, 2013

Words

Reportedly, women use an average of 7,000 words a day compared to men’s 2,000. Now, Mr. Bill isn’t overly talkative and sometimes I do try to “increase” his word-count. Recently, he told me some night’s I talk so much in my sleep, I use up my daily quota of words before daylight! Well, he could have kept those words to himself!

Sometimes we talk so little to God, you’d think we had a word-limit! I’ve noticed when Mr. Bill gets into conversation with a hunting buddy, he becomes quite “chatty.” What word would you use to describe your time talking to God? If we only knew how desperately The Father desires communion with His most beloved creation. And, oh, if we only knew the perfect Advocate we have in Christ Jesus! The writer of Hebrews uses some precious words to depict The Savior, “Since then we have a great High Priest Who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weakness, but One Who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the Throne of Grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.” (4:14-16). I rejoice it is Christ Who hears my confession and God Who [through the blood of Christ] faithfully forgives and purifies me of my unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). True, words are required and although He knows the number of my words, my words are not numbered – He longs for and lingers on every utterance because He loves me so! Male or female, there is no daily quota of words to The Father. Talk to Him today, talk to Him often, and splurge on the words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home