Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Exchange

Growing up, family vacation at the beach was part of every summer. I learned to love the ocean! Dad taught me how to float and ride the motion of the waves. Mom always told us we were too far out, and knowing now what really lurks under the waves … we probably were!

God has strong, actually perfect, shoulders. Our shoulders, on the other hand, are far too narrow and ill-equipped for the burdens we try to bear. This is why Christ said, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30).  Why do we resist such a beautiful invitation, instead, foolishly insisting we’re fully capable! It usually doesn’t take long for us to know, maybe a little longer to admit, the weight of our cares is too much. God’s doesn’t offer to share our burden – no! His promise is to take away the heavy burden and exchange it completely with His burden (load, weight), which is easy and light! Yes, God’s burden is easy and light! It’s the best burden to have! There was such a feeling of weightlessness when I floated on the ocean waves – much like carrying The Father’s burden. It is living with no burden-load-weight at all! Give God your burden and take His -- make that exchange today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home