Friday, March 29, 2013

For Me! For You!

Dazed and amazed I’ve looked into the eyes of little boys thinking, “what made you do that?” Rarely did I ask – they’re little boys. And, after all, consider their father!

What would compel Jesus to go to the cross? What was this most Righteous One thinking? Perhaps about a five-year old girl in rural Northeast Georgia, little-known to most but loved by many. Just maybe it was her heart, pierced by the profound and convicting Gospel one August evening. Quite possibly, it was her understanding of her sin and the deep longing a savior, then that simple prayer of confession and surrender to His Spirit that warm summer night. Yes, it was for me – it was for you The Savior died! Amazing Love – For Me! For You! Consider The Father – Consider The Son … Rejoice! Again, I say rejoice!

O Jesus, Lord, how can it be -- That Thou shouldst give Thy life for me,
To bear the cross and agony -- In that dread hour on Calvary!
O Calvary! dark Calvary! -- Where Jesus shed His blood for me;
O Calvary! blest Calvary! -- ’Twas there my Savior died for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home