Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Choose Light

Do you know how absolutely annoying it is [at times] to live with someone who always wakes up in a good mood! Well, that pretty much describes Mr. Bill. He never wakes up grumpy – he does his best to let HER sleep! LOL

Oswald Chambers writes about the “high hour” for a Believer: “We must bring our commonplace life up to the standard revealed in the high hour.” Yesterday morning was not a “high hour” for me, rather my sinful nature was the boss: everything I picked up, I dropped; everything I reached for was out-of-reach; and everything I looked for I could not find. Mr. Bill would jokingly describe my morning as a “rainbow day.” We’re all prone to times such as this, and this is why we must rely on the “high hour” [in Chambers’ words] when God graciously reveals Himself. “While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.” (John 12:36a). Notice how Jesus spoke then left His hearers to consider His words. Oh, how grateful I am for those precious times with God when He imparts spiritual insight to defend me from myself! His wisdom and promises of Hope sustain us and guide us back to His Light – the standard for the Christian’s walk in Christ. All days won’t be rainbow days, but they can be light-filled when we make high-hours part of the routine. We need not give way to commonplace – I choose Light!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home