Friday, April 26, 2013

Anchored Down

It is quite memorable: 55 degrees, 10:00 PM, Mr. Bill in knee deep lake water, Mrs. Beverly in flip flops on the bank holding the spot light! We arrived at the lake to find one side of the dock dislodged from the dock anchor. Mr. Bill determined right away, it must be secured ... at all costs, and now! Anyway, how can he possible fish with the dock in such disarray? Good grief!

Do you sometimes feel you've become ... dislodged, uprooted, unanchored? Say, 'bout once or twice a day! It doesn't matter how organized, altogether, intact the day begins, usually something or someone strikes first and no amount of super glue or sticky tacky is enough. Most days, it's great advice to just go ahead and "eat a live toad first thing in the morning, and nothing worse can happen the rest of the day." Well, forget the toad and check your anchor! Just like wind and stormy waters caused the dock to break loose from its anchors, the tides of life threaten our peace and security creating havoc when the foundation is any place other than Almighty God, our Savior Christ Jesus -- our Rock, our Fortress, our Defense, our Redeemer, our Refuge, our Stronghold. Hebrews 6:19 confirms it like this, "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast." Sure & steadfast – trust you caught that!

I've seen the lightning flashing, I've heard the thunder roll,
I've felt sin's breakers dashing, which almost conquered my soul;
I've heard the voice of my Savior bidding me still to fight on;
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.
No, never alone; no, never alone.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone.
No, never alone; no, never alone.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone. – Author Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home